In 2014 Northern Transportables was successful in securing 300 houses from the RAAF base in Darwin. Originally these buildings were to be demolished by Defence, but due to public outcry the houses were saved from demolition and are now available for sale and can be installed throughout the territory. We are proud to be a part of saving these great old tropical homes from destruction.
Northern Transportables as a qualified builder and the sole agent for the sale of these houses can deliver and stump the buildings for you up to certificate of occupancy stage. We have numerous houses currently in our holding yard and many more still ready to be shifted off the base. Buildings can only be viewed in our holding yard and if you would like to make an appointment to view a selection of houses then please feel free to contact our sales staff to make an appointment.
A sample of these houses both in situ and after delivery is displayed below. Take the opportunity now to make yourself a great deal.
- 3 & 4 bedroom homes starting at $60k
- Each home comes with a spacious veranda
- Old style tropical homes with excellent cross flow ventilation to reduce energy consumption
- All plans certification and drafting are provided by our Project Management Team
- Electrical and plumbing services are functioning and ready to be connected to
- A variety of designs and sizes available – photos can be viewed on our website
- All houses are cyclone coded in accordance with current wind load ratings
- Skip the hassle of building your own house, these homes can be installed on your block in just a few months from date of purchase
- Save approximately 60% on the cost of new building
- Do as much or as little as you want – we can organise transport, footings, building permits and connection of services to your new home
- Our team includes qualified drafters, welders, carpenters, plumbers and electricians as well as a sales and permit team to assist you with all aspects of purchasing your new home.
Enquire Now FAQs Updated Listing on FB